I haven’t posted anything since Tuesday before last.
Not my intention at all but a few things have taken place this week.
First being that I’ve really been under the weather and there are bets in the office as to whether it is allergies or a cold. None of us can decipher the true culprit and we all caught this crap in one form or another. At least we didn’t suffer alone and honestly I didn’t get it as bad as the others.
Second being the arrival of Netflix at my house. (Confession: The last time I had Netflix was when you received and returned media CD’s via USPS.) So this coupled with whatever is going on in my body made for the perfect couch sitting, pajama wearing, tea sipping, not writing a blog post cocktail.
Evne though I felt like crap, I wore a lot of color this week. Maybe it was my attempt to “brighten” up the situation!
The first outfit:
– Thrifted neon snakeskin wrap blouse. I usually am a sucker for any floral so this is a departure but I love this blouse and surprisingly it matches most everything.
– Black scoop neck sleeveless bodycon dress. I love this dress and actually have a stockpile. This is a closet staple of mine. Extremely versatile and comfortable.
– Miz Mooz mary janes. One of my newest additions. I was in the market for black pumps and seeing that I love flair in my footwear I wanted something unique. These are actually slip on and I like how the front of the shoe is more of a circle.
And of course my outfit wouldn’t be complete without lipstick. Bright red lipstick. This is Revlon’s Certainly Red. It’s one of five shades I’ve been buying for years.
– Vintage men’s leather. You will be seeing a lot of this jacket. It’s a prized possession, security blanket and one of my most endearing thrift finds.
– Rose patterned sheer sleeveless blouse. (Better view below) This is part of a set. The other piece is a long sleeved sheer button down in the same pattern. I’ve never actually worn them together but do I ever get my use out of them separately.
– Sabine wooden soled ankle strap wedges. These shoes, well the left shoe to be precise, were at the cobbler for weeks. I found the most amazing cobbler but he is about 6-7 weeks out so it’s always a sad, long wait. But he does an amazing job and I get to keep my shoes longer. Win-Win. These are another eBay find. I am a sucker for wooden soled shoes. They are so comfortable.
This cardigan is one of a few pink items I own. It was a lot of pink for me but I have had it in my closet for a while and my whole thought process was that I was going to wear it and if at the end of the day I didn’t like it away it went. It’s not that I don’t like pink, it’s just that I like a more vibrant color. But I’m learning to embrace it. I built the whole outfit around that cardigan actually and you know what? I loved it! It’s a keeper.
The earrings were a Christmas present from my husband. Very simple and they are designed in such a way that they rotate.
The lipstick is Covergirl Lip Perfection in Eternal.
– Mossimo cropped sweater. Another item that hangs in my closet that I never wear but cannot get rid of. (This is actually part of a selection of cropped light weight sweaters that I own and am glad to have not let go of since they are on trend again.)
– Forever 21 rose patterned tank. Not a black floral but I couldn’t pass it up and I needed a different color scheme.
– Clarks Flyrt mary jane. I stalked this shoe on eBay for months. And I mean months. I had auctions alerts set in place! I love this shoe. It has just the amount of masculinity that I adore. I’m currently waiting for a back up pair.
These enamel earrings are a recent find that I made while at a jewelry sale. I found a lot of good things that day and all of the proceeds went to my local women’s shelter.
One thing I’ve noticed while putting these photos up is that I barely wore vintage this week. (The term “vintage” being in the eye of the beholder.) Another thing is that I wore things that I have had hanging for a long time and found that I love them. I’ve been reflecting on this while writing and have come to the conclusion that I inherently know my style. That I know myself through the clothing I wear. Truth be told, I’m pretty excited about this concept and look forward to exploring it more.
So maybe it was the low grade fever or the blurred vision that enabled me to seamlessly dress this week but regardless of my state of health, I managed to pull together some really good work outfits! If you feel like shit it doesn’t mean you have to look like it right?